Saturday, March 04, 2006

New to the Blog

Hi all- my name is Charlotte Glover and I am a youth services librarian at the Ketchikan Public Library in Ketchikan, Alaska. I live 649 air miles north of Seattle. I met Barbara this past week in Anchorage and she thought you all might enjoy having a public librarian participate in your discussions. In addition to my youth services work, I do all of the adult programming for our library, including author visits, book discussion groups, etc. and I host a weekly radio program for adults called "Booktalk" which has run on our public radio station for the past 15 years. Because of that show, I keep a foot in both the adult services world and the children's world, for better or worse. I am really active in my state and regional library associations- mostly 'cause I live on an island and will work for plane tickets- and have held every office imaginable. I am currently serving as the President of the Pacific Northwest Library Association (PNLA) and am really looking forward to being a mentor at their upcoming Leadership Institute in October. Anyway, I'm happy to answer questions, shoot the breeze or tell you what the weather is really like in Alaska.

2 comments:

Alec said...

Welcome, Charlotte! We definitely have an academic library bias here, so I look forward to the issues you'll bring to the table.

Barbara said...

Yay, Charlotte's here! Welcome aboard. I, too, and glad to have a voice from public libraries here. It's a part of the profession I wish I knew more about, though I'm a veteran public library patron. Whenever I've moved, the first order of business is to get that public library card.

15 years on the radio, wow! That's a lot of book talk! That must be fun, but demanding.